Monday, January 9, 2017

Rob Schackne Poems #3 - Simply Trouble

Simply Trouble


                                          With your stomach pump
                                          And your hook-and-ladder dreams

                                           Neil Young, "Ambulance Blues"


I rocked up to the frame
I thought it was the fence

Give me a break next time
a little butter with the bread

Are there four million troops
shit, maybe, I don't think so

The barrier reef is a bed
the sandwich is my sleep

My arm is the baseball
that was caught in China

The mountain is sheep hides
on the cheap and elegant side

My horse is tomorrow
and the fences are imaginary

And the river is new mountains
and the old hill has run away

You can rock up anywhere you like
but you might want to avoid the street

The rooftop pigeons
DON'T SPEAK VERY LOUD


2 comments:

  1. I love this line: My horse is tomorrow ... very suggestive indeed! And the last line is so humourous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's got many surreal elements, for sure!

      Delete