Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Kit Kelen - for godsbother #9 - prayer



prayer

blank morning
when there's not a line

all baroque about
weather's to break
there's not to do

first light
for a perfect little poem
all the world as dreamt

it's not you whistling
still you're under tune
as if the fingers found these frets
a journey's end
as this day past all others is

then river is a stillness running
and it's all under skin with you

it isn't answer left blank
it's the question

like your reach into the day
to get a hold
from nowhere night

best prayer is the unasked

and here I am with you

2 comments:

  1. Lotsa byways and highways in this one, Kit. I'll get back to it when the day stops interrupting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come back to this one a few times. I like it v much
    I get stuck or loose rhythm at 'it isn't answer....
    but get back in on last two lines.
    This lost rhythm might all be a good ploy as my re-attention seems somehow guaranteed every time.

    ReplyDelete